Keeping your marriage strong
When my husband and I first met, we were instantly attracted to each other, but God knew that the timing was not right. Years later, God’s timing was perfect. Now here we are together and in love! We are both head over heels in love with each other that many people ask if we are newlyweds because of the way we are when we are with each other. Our bond is strong because of the faith we have in God. He is the one who holds the key to it all. I never knew that love like this existed.
He treats me with the utmost respect, loves me unconditionally, puts me before anything and anyone, he provides for me in every way, supports my goals and dreams, and is not ashamed to show his love for me in public, around strangers or his friends. He is the kind of man any good woman deserves.
When it comes to my husband, he is all that matters to me. His happiness is the most important thing. He says that as long as I take care of his heart, everything else will be easy. I cherish every moment he is around. My husband works a lot, and because he is in the military, he leaves for a long period for deployments, so when I get to have him home, I do not take that for granted. He is my best friend, my lover, my helpmate, my soulmate, my partner and my hero.
Here are some tips on how to keep your marriage strong. These are some of the things that I do:
- Believe in GOD. When you both believe in something greater than yourselves, you will find that you have a stronger connection to each other. Don’t ever forget why you two fell in love. Don’t change who you are, be yourself! Don’t just say “I love you,” show him. Sometimes saying I love you is just not good enough.
- Take care of each other’s heart. If you know that it would hurt you, then don’t do it to him and always communicate! Communication is the key! Listen! Speak when it is your turn. Listen when he talks, even if it has nothing to do with you or you have no interest in it, just listen!
- Always compliment each other. Not for just the way he looks, but the things he does. Not just for you, but what he does for everyone else too. Honor his wishes, support his dreams, help him reach his goals.
- Learn each other’s love language. Read the book The 5 Love Languages; it will help you understand each other. Don’t ignore his needs and wants. If you do not or can’t provide what it is he needs or wants, remember someone else can. Don’t be selfish. Sharing is caring. If you get yourself something nice, get your husband something too. If he gets you something nice, do something nice in return.
- Take time to plan date nights. Just because you are married does not mean you cannot pretend like you are dating. Play the role, meet him there, dress up without him seeing you until you meet, and flirt with each other like you did before! Surprise him. Do things or say things he would least expect from you! Plan a trip, do it all yourself so that he can just sit back and enjoy!
- Respect each other. If you expect him to respect you, then you need to respect him! Give him space. When your husband comes home from work, give him some quiet time to unwind from his long day. After that, then you can hound him about whatever you want. Lol.
No way am I saying that you cannot be a strong independent woman and be in love at the same time. If you have a man who treats you right, then everything I wrote about will come easy. Everything I do for him is because I want to, not because I am forced to. When it is real love, you will not mind doing these things! Being a wife is the best thing. I became a better person with him in my life. He builds me up, encourages me, supports me and loves me so in return I will always remain faithful and take care of his heart! Click the link below for some great books to read, TOGETHER!
Happy Reading 🙂
Disclaimer: All photos used in this blog post were taken from pinterest.com and links are from Barnesandnoble.com